Governor Brewer recently signed over thirty bills into law. Including the following key pieces of legislation:
- HB 2619 which imposes an employer assessment tax of $28 per employee for this year. That assessment increases to $42 per employee in 2012;
- SB 1225 which increases the penalty for renting or purchasing a house for use as a “drop house” for illegal immigrants;
- HB 2219 which creates a committee to study school district unification and consolidation;
- SB 1357 which creates a missed appointment fee ($25) for those patients using ACCHS;
- HB2416 which establishes additional requirements for physicians to obtain the voluntary and informed consent of a woman seeking an abortion. It also requires doctors to perform an ultrasound of the fetus and provide the woman with the opportunity to view the ultrasound;
- HB2384 prohibits the use of public funds to pay for an abortion.
For a complete list of newly signed legislation click here.
There are approximately another 130 bills awaiting the governor’s signature, check back here for further updates.